BC Ale Trail Mobile App
With more than 220 craft breweries on the BC Ale Trail, how many can you visit?
The BC Ale Trail officially launched its own mobile app in 2018 and has grown to over 24,000 Users. The app showcases BC Ale Trail breweries throughout British Columbia and rewards beer drinkers for exploring.
Developed in partnership with 468 Communications and free to download, the BC Ale Trail app is the insider’s guide to craft beer in BC. Not only does the app feature more than 220 craft breweries, but it also highlights our partner Liquor Stores, Tap Houses, Sip & Stays, Tours, Visitor Centres, Attractions and more!
The app is gamified. Users can search for locations close to them and collect points when visiting that location. Ten points are awarded per check-in. Breweries and businesses also have the option to offer bonus points, available for collection during events or special promotions.
Accumulated points can be redeemed for merchandise or discounts at participating rewards locations. The number of points required for a reward will vary by brewery and also depends on the reward being offered. For example:
- Grey Fox Brewing (Kelowna and West Kelowna Ale Trail): Redeem 100 points for a free branded glass with purchase
- Patina Brewing (North of the Fraser Ale Trail): Redeem 50 points for 10% off or 100 points for 15% off of select merchandise
- Rusted Rake Brewing (Vancouver Island Ale Trail Part II): Redeem 100 points for 20% off merchandise
- Torchlight Brewing Co (Kootenay Rockies West Ale Trail): Redeem 50 points for a free pretzel with purchase of a beer
- Angry Otter Liquor @ 248th (Langley Ale Trail): Redeem 50 points for a branded wine/beer stopper.